The first test of the servos in the frame

Terrifying. This is my face when I’m terrified.

first-test

 

What I learned: electronics with moving parts get very hot, when they get hot they function more poorly, when they function poorly weird inconsistent things happen with movement. After¬†much debugging and trial and error I added a hefty heat sync (attached with an awesome product:¬†Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive), and eventually I added a small fan as well. This seemed to eliminate many of the “strange” issues with inconsistent movements.
heat-sync

Half of the servos in the frame before the screen was installed:
servos-in-frame

 

Oh, by the way, it worked:

 

Leave a Comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Comments are closed.